Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Making the Low Go

Day2: Making the low go

How we treated two recent lows Taylar had:
Last night's meter reading: 64... at midnight.  Ugh!  Too much jumping on the new trampoline so close to bedtime.  BUT I'm so glad I followed my instinct and checked her at that time.

I urged her to drink 2 oz. juice and eat a 2 oz. chunk of banana spread with peanut butter to make it last a little longer.  I rechecked at 2am and she was 146.  Zzzzz.

----

Meter reading: 45 after school yesterday.  (I have no idea where this came from but I instantly went into stress mode.)  Taylar had 2 watermelon flavored glucose tabs (which happens to be her new found favorite flavor) and a small spoonful of frosting left over from her birthday cake. (Score!)  After waiting 20 minutes her reading was 96.  Not high enough to go to dance class for an hour so she had a graham cracker with peanut butter.  We eat the sticky, yummy, nutty stuff a lot in this house.  She was 117 after dance/before dinner so we managed this low okay.  She was wiped out though after dance and after having such a low, low, poor thing.

1 comment:

  1. You sound like you have super instincts.

    I hope she's feeling better today. Those low lows are no fun.

    ReplyDelete